• Call Now: 0330 1243083
  • info@saifeesolicitors.com

News & Updates

Free Wills Month - October

Are you 55 or above? 

Get a free will as part of 

Free Wills Month

Visas and immigration - What you need to do

If you're coming to the UK

To manage your application

Once you're in the UK

If your circumstances change


Driving in the EU after Brexit

Check what you need to do to drive while visiting the EU if there's a no deal Brexit.

Published 12 August 2019 From:  


  1. Stay up to date
  2. Driving licence and IDPs
  3. Insurance for your vehicle, caravan or trailer
  4. Vehicle registration documents
  5. Trailer registration
  6. GB stickers and number plates
  7. What to do if you’re involved in a road accident

Stay up to date

The UK will leave the EU on 31 October. This page tells you how to prepare for Brexit. It will be updated if anything changes, including if a deal is agreed.

Sign up for email alerts to get the latest information.

If you are a commercial driver, there is additional guidance for:

Driving licence and IDPs

You will need your UK driving licence to drive in an EU or EEA country.

You may need one or more international driving permits (IDPs), depending on which country you’re going to or through.

If you have a UK licence you will not need an IDP to drive when visiting Ireland.

Find out which IDPs you might need to drive in an EU or EEA country.

Insurance for your vehicle, caravan or trailer

You will need to carry a motor insurance green card when driving in the EU and EEA.

Contact your vehicle insurance provider 1 month before you travel to get green cards for your vehicle, caravan or trailer.

You’ll need multiple green cards if:

  • you have fleet insurance - you’ll need a green card for each vehicle
  • your vehicle is towing a trailer or caravan - you’ll need one for the towing vehicle and one for the trailer / caravan (you need separate trailer insurance in some countries)
  • you have 2 policies covering the duration of your trip, for example, if your policy renews during the journey

More about vehicle insurance.

Vehicle registration documents

If you’re taking your vehicle to the EU for less than 12 months, you should carry one of the following documents with you:

Trailer registration

You will still need to register some commercial and non-commercial trailers before towing them to or through most EU and EEA countries.

Find out more about trailer registration.

GB stickers and number plates

You should display a GB sticker on the rear of your vehicle and trailer, even if you currently have a number plate which includes the GB identifier.

You will need a GB sticker even if you have a number plate with the Euro symbol and Great Britain national identifier.

What to do if you’re involved in a road accident

You might need to bring a claim against either the driver or the insurer of the vehicle in the EU or EEA country where the accident happened. This will vary by insurance company. You might have to make your claim in the local language.

You might not get compensation if the accident is caused by an uninsured driver or if the driver cannot be traced. This will vary from country to country.

Get legal advice if you need more information.

Published 12 August 2019 source: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/driving-in-the-eu-after-brexit
No deal immigration arrangements for EU citizens arriving after Brexit


The United Kingdom will be leaving the European Union on 31 October 2019. This paper sets out the immigration arrangements for EU citizens1 in the event that the UK leaves the EU without a deal.

This paper sets out the different arrangements that will apply to EU citizens who are moving to the UK after Brexit on 31 October 2019 and their family members2. They replace those set out in the policy paper that was published on 28 January 2019.

Irish citizens’ rights are unaffected by these new arrangements. They can continue to come to the UK to live and work as now.


After Brexit, EU citizens who move to the UK will be able to apply for a 36 month temporary immigration status - European Temporary Leave to Remain (Euro TLR).

Applications to the new Euro TLR scheme will be simple and free and will be made after arrival in the UK. There will be no need for EU citizens travelling to the UK after Brexit to make any special arrangements in advance.

There will be some visible changes at the UK border, and tougher rules for criminals but otherwise EU citizens will be able to cross the UK border as now.

EU citizens who move to the UK after Brexit and who do not apply for Euro TLR will need to leave the UK by 31 December 2020 unless they have applied for and obtained a UK immigration status under the UK’s new points-based immigration system.

EU citizens who are resident in the UK before Brexit on 31 October 2019

The immigration arrangements in this paper do not apply to those EU citizens who are resident here before 2300 hours on 31 October 2019 and their family members. The government has been clear that we want them to stay and they are eligible to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to obtain a UK immigration status which will enable them to do so.

Resident EU citizens have until at least 31 December 2020 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme in the event that the UK leaves the EU without a deal. Until then, they can continue to take up employment and rent property as now by showing their passport or national identity card. Their rights to claim benefits and access services in the UK will remain unchanged3Further information about the EU Settlement Scheme is available on GOV.UK.

EU citizens entering the UK after Brexit

Free movement as it currently stands under EU law will end on 31 October 2019. However, Parliament has provided that much of the free movement framework will remain in place under the EU (Withdrawal) Act 2018 until Parliament passes primary legislation to repeal it. Ahead of that, the government will introduce some specific changes, reflecting that we are no longer part of the EU, to increase security and better protect the UK public. We will:

  • keep out and deport more EU citizens who commit crimes by applying tougher UK criminality thresholds at the border and also when crimes are committed in the UK
  • remove the blue EU customs channel, requiring all travellers to make a customs declaration by choosing either the green or red channel
  • remove the rights for post-exit arrivals to acquire permanent residence under retained EU law, and the rights for UK nationals who move to the EU after exit to return with their family members without meeting UK family immigration rules
  • introduce blue UK passports starting from the end of the year as a symbol of our new, sovereign identity

Crossing the border after Brexit

For the time being, border crossing arrangements will remain unchanged. EU citizens will enter the UK as they do now, using their passport or national identity card. They will be able to use eGates if they are travelling on a biometric passport, and they will not face routine intentions testing.

EU citizens will be subject to security checks, as now, but will face tougher UK rules on criminality and conduct committed after Brexit.

The UK will also be phasing out the use of EEA national identity cards for travel to the UK. This will happen during 2020. More details will be provided in due course.

We recognise that some people will need to apply for a passport and that sufficient notice will be required to enable them to do so.

EU citizens moving to the UK after Brexit

For a transitional period after Brexit on 31 October 2019 until 31 December 2020, law abiding EU citizens and their family members will be able to move to the UK and live, study, work and access benefits and services as they do now3.

EU citizens and their close family members who move to the UK after Brexit and wish to stay beyond 2020 will need to apply for a UK immigration status granting them permission to stay.

After Brexit, the Home Office will open a new voluntary immigration scheme – the European temporary leave to remain (Euro TLR) Scheme – to provide a route to apply for this immigration status. Applications will involve a simple online process and identity, security and criminality checks.

Successful applicants to the Euro TLR scheme will be granted a period of 36 months’ leave to remain in the UK, running from the date the leave is granted. This will provide EU citizens who move to the UK after exit and their employers with greater confidence and certainty during the transition period, and ensure that they have a secure legal status in the UK before the new immigration system is introduced from January 2021.

EU citizens may choose to use the evidence of this UK leave – in the form of a secure digital status – to establish their entitlements to work and rent property during the transitional period until 31 December 2020. During this period, they will also be able to evidence those rights using their passport or national identity card.

If they subsequently qualify for leave under the future immigration system in a route that leads to settlement (indefinite leave to remain) here, an EU citizen who spends time in the UK with a Euro TLR immigration status will be able to accrue that time towards the qualifying period for settlement.

Future immigration system

The government will introduce a new, Australian-style points-based immigration system from January 2021. The independent Migration Advisory Committee has been commissioned to review the Australian system and other international comparators, to advise what best practice can be used to strengthen our labour market. We will introduce a new, fairer immigration system that prioritises skills and what people can contribute to the UK, rather than where they came from.

EU citizens who move to the UK after Brexit who do not hold Euro TLR will need to apply under the new immigration system by 31 December 2020 if they wish to remain here beyond that date.

Those who hold Euro TLR will have a bridge into the new immigration system: if they wish to remain in the UK, they will only be required to apply to the new points-based immigration system when their 36 months’ Euro TLR leave expires. They may apply for status under the new system earlier if they wish.

Where an individual who holds Euro TLR does not meet the requisite criteria under the new immigration system or otherwise have a right to remain in the UK, they will be expected to leave the UK when their Euro TLR expires. Euro TLR will therefore only provide a temporary stay in the UK for some EU citizens.

Where an EU citizen is granted permission to stay under the new, points-based immigration system in a route that leads to settlement (indefinite leave to remain) in the UK, their 36 months’ Euro TLR will count towards the qualifying residence period for settlement. The qualifying residence period is usually five years, but may vary according to route. Precise arrangements under the new, points-based immigration system will be confirmed in due course.


EU citizens and their family members who move to the UK after 31 October 2019 will need to have applied for a UK immigration status (whether Euro TLR or under the new, points-based immigration system) by 31 December 2020. Otherwise, they will be here unlawfully and will be liable to enforcement action, detention and removal as an immigration offender.

Resident EU citizens and their family members who are eligible for the EU Settlement Scheme will have ample opportunity to apply for status under the scheme. In the event that the UK leaves the EU without a deal, the deadline for applications under the scheme will be 31 December 2020.

Employers, landlords and other third parties will not be required to distinguish between EU citizens who moved to the UK before or after Brexit until the new, points-based immigration system is introduced from January 2021.

Until 31 December 2020, checks on, for example, an EU citizen’s right to work or rent, will be undertaken as they are now, and all EU citizens will be able to evidence their rights here using their passport or national identity card. Alternatively, if they wish to do so, an EU citizen will be able to use their digital status, granted under the EU Settlement Scheme or under the Euro TLR scheme, to prove their right to work and other entitlements, via the Home Office’s digital status checking service. This service will enable them to share their digital status securely with an employer or other third party who needs to see it. Non-EU citizen family members will be able to rely on a biometric immigration document to prove their entitlements, also via the digital status checking service where they wish to use this.

When the new points-based immigration system is introduced from January 2021, employers and others will need to check that, in respect of any new recruitment or new provision of service, an EU citizen has a valid UK immigration status, and not just an EU passport or national identity card. This check will be undertaken when that individual applies for a new job, tenancy or bank account for example. It will not be done retrospectively.

Third country family members accompanying EU citizens

EU citizens who move to the UK after 31 October 2019 may be accompanied by their non-EU citizen family members. This includes direct family members (such as a spouse, civil partner or child), and extended family members (durable partners and dependent relatives), as now. They will need to be in possession of a valid national passport and an EEA family permit and will be able to stay in the UK until the end of 2020.

Close family members (spouses/partners and dependent children under 18) may apply for Euro TLR once their EU citizen sponsor has applied under the scheme. They will apply in the same way as EU citizens and need to provide required biometrics.

They will be granted Euro TLR for a period that does not exceed the end date of the Euro TLR granted to their EU citizen sponsor.

Any close family member who does not obtain Euro TLR by the end of 2020, and who does not otherwise have a right to remain in the UK, will be expected to leave the UK at that point.

Family members of British citizens who move to the EU after Brexit

After Brexit on 31 October 2019, there will no longer be a route under EU law for the family members of UK nationals who move to the EU after that date to return with them to the UK. This means that, for UK nationals moving to the EU after Brexit to return to the UK with their non-British, non-Irish family members, the family members will need to meet the UK’s family immigration rules.

The current route reflecting EU law will remain open until 29 March 2022 for existing close family members of UK nationals who were resident in the EU27 before exit.


There will be no fee for an application for Euro TLR when the scheme is introduced.

The Common Travel Area and the associated rights of Irish citizens in the UK

The UK and Irish governments have made firm commitments to protecting existing Common Travel Area (CTA) arrangements, including the associated rights of British and Irish citizens in the other state.

This means that Irish citizens will continue to have the right to enter, live and work in the UK without requiring permission. The government will appropriately reflect this position in legislation ahead of the introduction of the new points-based immigration system. The close family members of Irish citizens arriving in the UK after Brexit on 31 October 2019 (who are non-British, non-Irish citizens) may apply for Euro TLR. Those who do not, will need to apply under the new immigration system if they wish to remain here after 31 December 2020. The UK will also maintain its existing approach to the operation of immigration controls for journeys from within the CTA to the UK.

EFTA citizens

The arrangements set out here will also apply to citizens of the EFTA states (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland) who move to the UK after 31 October 2019.


1. Biometric immigration document

This is a document issued by the Home Office which includes the holder’s name, date and place of birth, fingerprints and a photo of their face, and their immigration status and conditions of stay in the UK. It is also referred to as a biometric residence card or biometric residence permit.

2. Close family member:

They are related to an EU citizen in one of the following ways:

  • spouse or civil partner
  • partner
  • child under 18
  • child under 18 of the spouse or civil partner

3. Direct family member

An EU law term referring to an EU citizen’s:

  • spouse or civil partner
  • child aged under 21 or aged 21 or over where they remain dependent (including a child of the EU citizen’s spouse or partner)
  • dependent parent or grandparent (including of the EU citizen’s spouse or civil partner)

4. EU Settlement Scheme

The scheme set up by the government to protect the rights of EU citizens who are resident in the UK before the specified date (which is exit in a no deal scenario) and their family members. Those who have five years’ UK residence are eligible for settled status (indefinite leave to remain). Those who have a shorter period of residence are usually eligible for pre-settled status (limited leave to remain for 5 years) and can apply for settled status as soon as they have completed five years’ residence.

5. Extended family member

An EU law term referring to a person who is related to an EU citizen, but is not a direct family member (e.g. a cousin or aunt), who was part of the EU citizen’s household, or dependent on them, in their home state and remains so; or who is dependent on them for personal care on serious health grounds.

Under EU law, the definition of extended family member also includes durable (i.e. unmarried) partners but, for the purposes of the EU Settlement Scheme and of Euro TLR, the UK will include durable partners in the provision made for spouses and civil partners.

6. European temporary leave to remain (Euro TLR)

A form of limited leave to remain granted under the UK’s Immigration Rules. It is a scheme for EU citizens and their close family members who arrive in the UK during the transitional period from Brexit on 31 October 2019 to 31 December 2020.

7. Leave to enter/remain

This is immigration permission granted under the Immigration Act 1971 which permits an individual who is subject to UK immigration control to enter or remain in the UK. When leave is granted it is subject to compliance with conditions and is given for a specific period of time, unless it is ‘indefinite’.

8. Required biometrics

  • for EU citizens, a facial photograph of the applicant (within the meaning of “biometric information” in section 15 of the UK Borders Act 2007)
  • in the case of a non-EU citizen, a facial photograph and the fingerprints of the applicant (also within the meaning of “biometric information”)

9. Settlement

This is also referred to as ‘indefinite leave to remain’. This means that there is no time limit to the period that the person can stay in the UK. Where a person is granted indefinite leave to remain, they have the right to live and work in the UK, without any time restriction. Indefinite leave to remain usually lapses when a person is absent from the UK for more than two years. However, indefinite leave to remain (known as ‘settled status’) granted under the EU Settlement Scheme lapses after an absence from the UK of more than five years.

10. Transitional period

The period between the UK’s exit from the EU at 2300 hours on 31 October 2019 and the start of the UK’s new immigration system from January 2021.

  1. References to EU citizens also include citizens of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, unless stated otherwise 

  2. The UK leaves the EU at 2300 hours GMT on 31 October 2019 

  3. Entitlements to benefits and services will be subject to any future domestic policy changes which apply to UK nationals  2

source: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/no-deal-immigration-arrangements-for-eu-citizens-moving-to-the-uk-after-brexit/no-deal-immigration-arrangements-for-eu-citizens-arriving-after-brexit


EU Right to reside

‘Right to reside’ means you have the right to live in the UK.

You have a ‘right to reside’ in the UK if you’re a British citizen (which includes nationals of the Channel Islands or Isle of Man), or a citizen of Ireland.

If you’re from the EU, European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland

You currently have a right to reside if you’re from the EU, EEA or Switzerland and you’re one of the following:

  • employed
  • self-employed
  • registered as a jobseeker
  • self-sufficient
  • a student

You need comprehensive medical insurance for yourself and your family if you’re not working or looking for work (for example you’re studying or able to support yourself).

You’ll probably need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme by 30 June 2021 to continue living here, or by 31 December 2020 if the UK leaves the EU without a deal.

If you’re the close relative of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen

You have the right to reside if you’re a close relative of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen. Close relatives are:

  • a spouse or civil partner
  • children
  • grandchildren under 21
  • dependent parents or grandparents

You may still have the right to reside in the UK if you’re not a close relative, but you’ll probably need a residence document.

You’ll probably need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme by 30 June 2021 to continue living here, or by 31 December 2020 if the UK leaves the EU without a deal.

If you’re from outside the EEA

If you’re not a close relative of someone with the right to reside, you do not have the right to reside unless you:

If you’re a Commonwealth citizen, you may be able to apply to prove you have ‘right of abode’ in the UK.


source: https://www.gov.uk/right-to-reside

East Midlands shows biggest slip in living standards from previous generation

Study shows millennials in east Midlands have seen biggest shortfall in earnings growth from previous generation

 Housing in Nottingham: earnings growth has been slowest in the east Midlands for young adults, who are struggling to get on the property ladder. Photograph: David Sillitoe/The Guardian

Young adults in the east Midlands have seen their living standards fall the furthest behind the previous generation when compared with their peers elsewhere in Britain, according to a study.

At a time when millennials across the country are experiencing lacklustre gains in living standards compared with the generation before them, the Resolution Foundation said the region that includes Nottingham and Leicester had seen the biggest shortfall in earnings growth.

The thinktank said those in the region aged between 26 and 28 were earning about 2.7% less, adjusted for inflation, than people of their age were earning in 2003.

The analysis has found that generational progress on pay has been weak nationally, with those born in the late 1980s earning just 3% more at ages 26-28 than those born in the early 1970s at the same stage in life.

In stark contrast, those born in the early 1970s earned 16% more at the age of 28 than those born 15 years before them in the late 1950s.

While most regions had seen some improvement, millennials in the east midlands, south-east and London all earned less in their late 20s than the previous generation.

However, young people in the north–east have made considerable pay progress, with millennials earning 13% more at the age of 26-28 than those born 15 years earlier.

Funded by the Nuffield Foundation, the research also showed that homeownership rates have collapsed for young adults across the country, while the amount of money millennials spend on housing as a share of their income has rocketed.

Amid concern across the political spectrum over the difficulty facing young adults in getting on the housing ladder, the research showed that the proportion of 26- to 28-year-olds who owned their own home had collapsed by half since 1997.

Sign up to the daily Business Today email or follow Guardian Business on Twitter at @BusinessDesk

London recorded the biggest fall, with homeownership rates falling by 58%. Among 26- to 28-year-olds in the capital, as few as 8% own their home, compared with 20% for the same age group in 1997.

Across the country, the rate of homeownership has dropped from 33.5% to 17.2%.

Maja Gustafsson, researcher at the Resolution Foundation, said: “Millennials are generally earning and working more than the generation before – but there are exceptions, and the degree of generational progress varies enormously.”

source: https://www.theguardian.com/money/2019/aug/29/east-midlands-shows-biggest-slip-in-living-standards-from-previous-generation

#Solicitors #Leicester #Hounslow #Immigration #Probate #LegalAdvice #FamilyLaw #PropertyLaw #Matrimonial #SaifeeSolicitors

Flats out of fashion with first-time buyers

First-time buyers are bypassing flats and moving straight into houses - leading to a fall in the cost of apartments, official figures suggest.

The cost of a typical apartment or maisonette in England has fallen by 2.1% in a year, while other types of property have become more expensive.

Experts suggest people are buying their first home later and are happy to rent a flat, but not necessarily buy one.

Many apartments being built in cities are designed specifically for rental.

Cost by property type - annual change

The cost of detached homes has been rising fastest, with semi-detached and terraced homes also going up in England, figures from the Land Registry show. In Wales, prices of all types of property are going up, but rises are slowest among flats and maisonettes.

First-time buyers want to buy a home to live in for longer than their predecessors, according to Richard Donnell, insight director at Zoopla. This meant they were more likely to push themselves to buy something bigger and wanted to "leapfrog" flats, he said.

He said that the fall in demand from investors, many of whom have pulled out of the market, had affected demand for flats. Primarily the slowdown in the market in London and the South East of England had meant lower demand for flats, as there was a heavy concentration of apartments in the capital.

House price change by region - ONS

Major housing projects from the old Battersea Power Station in London to plans for the Metalworks in Liverpool suggest that developers still see plenty of demand for city flats.

The overall trend suggests that apartments are becoming more affordable.

Research for online estate agents Housesimple suggests buyers can purchase a flat for less than £80,000 in 17 towns and cities in the UK.

Based on Land Registry figures, it said the average flat in Burnley was the cheapest at £54,161, followed by Hartlepool (£57,659), Middlesbrough (£63,100), Durham (£63,638), Blackpool (£67,670), and Preston (£74,084).

In contrast, the average price of a flat in Kensington and Chelsea in London was more than £1m, and - despite house price falls - the cheapest London boroughs of Havering, Barking and Dagenham, and Bexley still saw the average cost of a flat totalling more than £230,000.

In general, Office for Statistics (ONS) figures showed UK property prices were continuing to rise but at a slower rate than a year ago.

The average UK house price was £229,000 in April, the data shows, which is £3,000 higher than the same period a year earlier.

Average UK house price - ONS

The cost of renting a home has accelerated slightly, according to separate ONS figures.

Rental prices paid by tenants to private landlords went up by 1.3% in the UK in the 12 months to May.


#Solicitors #Lawyers #Leicester #Hounslow #Immigration #Probate #LegalAdvice #FamilyLaw #PropertyLaw #Matrimonial #SaifeeSolicitors

Help to Buy: 'Most users did not need help report finds'

Almost two-thirds of homebuyers who used the government's Help to Buy scheme could have bought a home without it, an official report has said.

However, they may not have been able to buy the house they wanted without the help, the report from the National Audit Office (NAO) found.

It also found that one in 25 of participants had household incomes of over £100,000.

The scheme did help boost the profits of building firms, the NAO said.

It was too early to determine if the scheme had delivered value for money for the taxpayer, the report said.

"Help To Buy has increased home ownership and housing supply, particularly for first-time buyers," Gareth Davies, head of the NAO, said.

"However, a proportion of participants could have afforded to buy a home without the government's help.

"The scheme has also exposed the government to significant market risk if property values fall, as well as tying up a significant public financial capacity.

"The government's greatest challenge now is to wean the property market off the scheme with as little impact as possible on its ambition of creating 300,000 homes a year by 2021," he said.

Help to Buy chart

The scheme comes in two forms, Help to Buy loans and Help to Buy Individual Savings Accounts (Isas).

In the first version, the government lends up to 20% of the cost of a newly built property, or 40% within Greater London, so buyers need only a 5% deposit and a 75% mortgage to buy it.

Those purchasing a new-build home are not charged interest for the first five years.

The Help to Buy ISA was launched later, in December 2015, and is open to first-time buyers in the UK.

Savers receive a 25% bonus from the government when they withdraw the money they have saved to buy their first property. The maximum purchase price is £250,000, or £450,000 in London.

The maximum government bonus that someone can receive is £3,000, if they have saved £12,000.

A woman looks in an estate agent's window in LondonImage copyrightGETTY IMAGES

"By 2023, the government will have invested up to £29bn in the scheme, tying up cash which cannot be used elsewhere," the NAO said.

Bigger firms made the most of the scheme.

Between 2013 and 2018 more than half the sales in England made by Redrow, Bellway, Taylor Wimpey, Barratt and Persimmon involved Help to Buy.

'Housing bubble'

Persimmon is the biggest beneficiary, with almost 15% of the sales made under the Help to Buy Scheme.

Persimmon saw its annual profits top £1bn last year.

Mike Amey, managing director of global investment management firm Pimco, has told the BBC that profit on a house sold by Persimmon had trebled since Help to Buy was introduced, "roughly from £20,000 to £60,000".

Fran Boait, executive director of campaigning body Positive Money, said: "It's now beyond clear that rather than helping those who can't afford to buy a home, Help To Buy has mainly been a subsidy for a housing bubble, benefiting property developers and existing home owners."

The government's investment is expected to be returned from the scheme by 2032 after it closes in 2023. However, the size of the loans mean it is very much exposed to the performance of the housing market.

From April 2021, the scheme will be restricted just to first-time buyers.

source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48610977

#Solicitors #Lawyers #Leicester #Hounslow #Immigration #Probate #LegalAdvice #FamilyLaw #PropertyLaw #Matrimonial #SaifeeSolicitors

Government schemes for first-time home buyers and existing homeowners

Several government schemes can help you buy a home. These include Help to Buy, Right to Buy and Shared Ownership. Read this article to find out more about them and how to apply.

what is a lease

A lease is a contractual arrangement calling for the lessee (user) to pay the lessor (owner) for use of an asset.[1] Property, buildings and vehicles are common assets that are leased. Industrial or business equipment is also leased.

Broadly put, a lease agreement is a contract between two parties, the lessor and the lessee. The lessor is the legal owner of the asset; the lessee obtains the right to use the asset in return for regular rental payments.[2] The lessee also agrees to abide by various conditions regarding their use of the property or equipment. For example, a person leasing a car may agree that the car will only be used for personal use.

The narrower term rental agreement can be used to describe a lease in which the asset is tangible property.[3] Language used is that the user rents the land or goods let out or rented out by the owner. The verb to lease is less precise because it can refer to either of these actions.[4] Examples of a lease for intangible property are use of a computer program (similar to a license, but with different provisions), or use of a radio frequency (such as a contract with a cell-phone provider).

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lease

#Solicitors #Lawyers #Leicester #Hounslow #Immigration #Probate #LegalAdvice #FamilyLaw #PropertyLaw #Matrimonial #SaifeeSolicitors


37 Beaumont Street,
Oadby, LE2 4DA

0116 243 8852

Office 3, Duke of Cambridge House,
1-3 Kingsley Road, TW3 1PA

020 3621 4545

General – 03301243083

Email us:info@saifeesolicitors.com

Opening Hours: M-F 09:30 to 17:00
https://t.co/4meZkUgnYN #nisistaffing #nhs
https://t.co/TfLCQ44xSE #Ramadan2021 #RamadanKareem #Ramadanmubarak2021 #ramadanmubarak https://t.co/PmciK5ju40
https://t.co/TfLCQ44xSE #Wills #willsandprobate #willsandtrusts #saifeesolicitors #FreeWillsMonth #freewills https://t.co/7izWIQ1SvB
Follow Saifee Solicitors on Twitter